Risks and alerts
The municipality of Val d'Isère has a high potential for major risks, whether they are of natural (floods, avalanches, block falls, seismic events, etc.) or technological (transport of dangerous goods, etc.) origin.
One of the best means of prevention is to avoid building in the most exposed areas. The Natural hazard prevention plan (PPRN) regulates the use of land in accordance with the natural risks to which it is subject. This regulation, which is imposed on the planning document (PLU) ranges from a ban on building to the possibility of building under certain conditions.
Despite everything, we are not immune to a major natural or technological disaster and in the face of this situation, our role is to do everything possible for your safety. A communal plan of safeguard was therefore developed to ensure the protection and safety of the population during a crisis.
The Communal Safeguard Plan describes the organisation and implementation of provisions meeting legal obligations such as :
- the identification of "known risks" and "available resources" (human and material resources),
- the determination of "immediate measures to safeguard and protect people",
- the establishment of "the necessary organization for the dissemination of the alert and safety instructions",
- the modalities of "implementation of measures to accompany, support and inform the population",
- the DICRIM (Communal information documents on major risks).
The civil security referent in Val d'Isère is the director of the ski slopes and security department. He is the commander of the rescue operations and must ensure that the PCS is drawn up and updated, and manage and command the safeguard actions in the event of a crisis.
The mayor is the director of emergency operations.
To know more about it
Institute of Major Risks
15 rue Eugène Faure
Phone: +33 4 76 47 73 73
Ministry of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and the Sea
Internet portal of the Ministry dedicated to the prevention of major risks: www.georisques.gouv.fr