The security actors
In all French municipalities, in order to make the security policy more efficient and closer to the citizens, the mayor has important powers. In this task he is helped by different civil security entities.
To alert the emergency services, dial 112.
The Mayor is the competent authority to take and enforce the measures necessary to maintain public order, security, peace and health within its territory. He is in charge of directing the rescue operations (DOS).
In addition to directing emergency operations, the main tasks that fall directly to the mayor are:
- Alerting and informing the population
- To support emergency services
- Provide support to the population (accommodation, supplies, etc.)
In order to provide a local response to the crisis, and to complement the intervention of the emergency services, the law has established the Plan communal de sauvegarde (PCS) and the réserve communale de sécurité civile. To know more about it
The Val d'Isère municipal police force is made up of seven permanent officers. A team reinforced during the busy seasons by 11 officers in winter and 3 in summer.
The Municipal Police is responsible for :
- ensure a local presence in all neighbourhoods,
- respond to requests for intervention from citizens, merchants, holidaymakers,
- to enforce the mayor's orders,
- conduct road safety campaigns in schools,
- to ensure the supervision of festive, cultural and sporting events,
- ensure that the rules of the road are respected and enforced,
- manage the urban supervision center, the municipal pound, the lost and found and the fair market.
- Summer and shoulder seasons: open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-6pm.
- Winter: open Sunday to Friday 9am-12pm and 3pm-6.45pm, Saturday 8am-12pm and 3pm-7pm.
Contact the Municipal Police: 04 79 06 10 96 - email@example.com
- Order authorizing the audiovisual recording of the interventions of the municipal police officers of the municipality of Val d'Isère
- Request for access to video surveillance recordings
The Gendarmerie is in charge of maintaining order on the French territory. Its objective is to ensure the security of people, institutions and buildings.
You can go to the Val d'Isère Gendarmerie in order to carry out various procedures such as filing a complaint, filing a report, etc.
Contact the Gendarmerie: 04 79 06 03 41 or dial 17.
Firemen / Mountain rescue center
The Fire and Rescue Services are responsible for the prevention, protection and fight against fires.
They contribute, with the other services and professionals concerned, to the protection and the fight against accidents, disasters and catastrophes, to the evaluation and prevention of technological or natural risks as well as to emergency relief.
Contact the Fire Department: 04 79 06 01 80 or dial 18.
The Val d'Isère ski area management company is responsible for various missions in the ski area: grooming, slope preparation, security, beaconing, preventive avalanche control, local snow and weather forecasts and all rescue and search missions.
The civil security referent in Val d'Isère is the director of the ski slopes service. He is the commander of the rescue operations and must ensure the elaboration and the updating of the PCS, manage and command the safeguard actions in case of crisis.
Contact the Régie des Pistes : 04 79 06 02 10 - firstname.lastname@example.org